Wednesday, September 24, 2008

 

This Performance Made Me Wanna Blog

Okay I'll admit that I have slacked on the blogging for a while, but I have always been told that "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" so I have been heading that wise advice. After a 5-7 disaster of a season, I found myself temporarily disgusted with the whole situation. Even when Miami crushed Charleston Southern in the season opener, I was skeptical. The next week the Canes showed alot of heart against the "Hators", I was sure it was fools gold, however after watching the game this weekend, I am so excited about this team. Even though they beat up on A&M last season and still fell apart, this is not that team. This is a glimpse of a bright future and a throwback to a proud and storied past. I saw the big plays that have been missing for 2 plus years, the special teams play that has been horrible since Devin Hester left and QB play that has me believing in Robert Marve. Speaking of Robert Marve, what a beast, this guy is going to bring back QB U!! Looking towards this week against the Tar Heels, I have to say that I'm approaching it with a cautious optimism. I have been burnt too many time over the past 3 seasons to get too excited. This is the type of game that Miami has blown in the past 3 seasons. The important game after a big win!! Case in point, I was in Blacksburg for the game in "05 when we were #5 in the country and no one gave us a prayer of winning, we punched VT in the mouth and blew them out!! The next week we played horrible against GT and ended up handing the ACC back to VT and ended up getting destroyed in the Peach Bowl by LSU (another game that I suffered first hand)! In "06 we ralied to a huge win over BC to become bowl eligable then barely showed up in the "Smurf Bowl" against Nevada. Last season we won an emotional game against FSU and followed it up by losing to NC State in a game where Kirby Freeman attempted to break the NCAA record for interceptions thrown in a single game, a 2 state of Virginia BEATDOWNS and a heartless loss to BC. I can't help but wander if this is another trap!! Honestly, I'm inclined to believe that there isn't a game left that we can't win, but I also wander if the youth will burn us at some point this season. In any event I am excited about this young Hurricanes team and I hope to God that we don't see another sickening performance following a big game!! Go Canes!!!









Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]